It's October, so I am craving pumpkin....anything pumpkin. I had some puree so thought I could make some pumpkin cookies. Found a bunch of recipes that just didn't seem to do it for me. Mainly because I didn't want to use a cup of crisco and I didn't have chocolate chips. So instead I came up with what I am going to call pumpkin pie bars. They have the flavor and the center has the texture of a pumpkin pie, but doesn't have the crust and can be cut into neat little squares.
Pumpkin Pie Bar
1 can pumpkin puree
1 cup sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
2 eggs
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch cloves/nutmeg
1/8 cup molasses
Combine all ingredients well. Bake in 5x9 pyrex dish in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes.
***note: I'm guessing on the size of the dish because it's my vintage pyrex dish that I got from my grandmother....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment