Friday, January 11, 2013

Apple Chicken Chili

Adapted from Rachel Ray's Creamy Chicken Apple Chili with what I had on hand. Turned out absolutely fabulous and you should definitely try it at least once ;). 
 
Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into chunks
  • 4 teaspoons chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 tablespoon of dried minced garlic
  • Fresh ground pepper to taste (you could add salt too, but I think there is plenty from the chicken broth)
  • 2 apples, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 packet of swanson's condensed chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 15 ounce cans  beans (I used one black bean and one white bean)
  • 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (about 8 ounces)
I added everything but the cheese and apples to the crock pot and cooked on high until the chicken was fully done and easily comes apart with a fork. Then I added the apples until they were soft. When the apples are soft stir in the cheese and serve. I served it with tortillas like the original recipe suggested. Husband ate two bowls so it passes the hubster test :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment